Fashion modeling is of three kinds : Live modeling for ramp fashion shows, offline and online media modeling and modeling for real life situations and events. They are not only restricted to modelling yet get good employment opportunities in Movies, TV channels, serials, reality shows, game shows, and other TV programmes. Lucrative jobs are available at ad and fashion industry. The different lucrative modelling fields are: runaway, catalogue, showroom, fit, promotional, television, videos, print advertisement and editorial modelling.
MALE MODELLING IS BECOMING MORE POPULAR AND DIVERSE AS WE MOVE THROUGH THE FASHION SEASONS. AS THE INDUSTRY CONTINUES TO GROW, WE ARE BECOMING FAMILIARISED WITH FAMOUS MALE FACES AND GIVING THEM THE RECOGNITION THAT THEY DESERVE. HERE IS OUR PICK FOR THE TOP MALE MODELS:
- DAVID GANDY
- MATTHEW NOSZKA
- ROB EVANS
- KIT BUTLER
- SUNG JIN PARK
Steps to Becoming a Successful Model
- Higher education always helps, and good IQ, values, communication skill, attitude and mind-set is must to be successful. Color, Shape, Size comes latter.
- If you don’t look like a runway model, that’s fine! Know the odds of what you face in terms of the area you live, what your look has to offer, and how hard each specific outlet for modeling is, such as commercial or runway.
- People want to see you in the raw to see if you could transformed into a variety of looks. Remember, you’re pretty just as you are, so let those agencies see you for you! Most importantly, no Glamour Shot photos!
- The modeling world can be laced with drugs, alcohol, sex-trades, rape, greed and more if you get in with the wrong crowd, which is easy to do when you’re looking for a quick route to fame and fortune.
- A good agency should understand your personal needs as a model, lift you up, and never take money from you. They should also never ask you to put yourself in a dangerous or compromising situation.
Some Ugly Secrets of Modeling World
- Models Earn Extra Cash As High-End Escorts
- There Is A Lot Of Bullying
- The Drugs Are Free
- They Are Constantly Under Pressure To Abuse Drugs
- Cotton Ball Diet diet is a fashion industry secret as models have the sensation of feeling full without gaining any weight
- Photographers Reportedly Subject Models To Sexual Abuse
- Some Agencies Expect You To Model Topless At Just 16-Years-Old
The drugstore staples expand in the stomach, making you feel full. Eating them is just one of many over-the-top tactics models employ to keep thin.
Competition in the fashion world is brutal, and models must go to extreme lengths to get cast in shows. Once they get a spot on the runway, they often have to endure harsh conditions and little to no pay.
Fashion Designer & Model’s collaboration for Poses and Postures
In the fashion world, new designs are presented in the form of hand-drawn sketches before they’re actually cut and sewn. First designers draw a croquis, the model-shaped figure that serves as the base of the sketch. The point is not to draw a realistic-looking figure, but a blank canvas of sorts on which to display illustrations of dresses, skirts, blouses, accessories and the rest of your creations. Adding color and details like ruffles, seams and buttons helps to bring your ideas to life. The model for designer’s design, called a croquis, should be drawn in a pose that will show off the items best. Designers can show the model walking, sitting, bending, or in any other position. As a beginner, designers may want to start with the most common pose, which is a runway sketch that shows a model standing or striding on a runway. This is easiest to draw and it will allow designers to illustrate all of designs in full view.
Entry Level Model Responsibilities
Duties and Tasks for: “Model”
1) Manager (As subject or hold) makeup to face and hairstyle to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
2) Display products, clothing and merchandise in real life, commercials, advertisements, and/or fashion shows.
3) Dress in sample or completed garments, and select accessories.
4) Follow strict routines of diet, sleep, and exercise to maintain appearance.
5) Gather information from agents concerning the pay, dates, times, provisions, and lengths of jobs.
6) Promote products and services in television commercials, on film, or in videos
E-commerce and advertising agencies are biggest employer of fashion models. High fashion usually pertains to top-selling, exquisite lines of clothing produced by top designers and fashion companies. Models then show the styles off at fashion shows and in television advertisements, magazine ads and on large billboards. While most high fashion models usually work in prime locations such as New York or Los Angeles, the Internet has made it possible for them to work from photography studios and scenic venues across the country. They earn incomes averaging above $60,000 annually.