E-Commerce teams work closely with marketing to devise promotions and operations teams to ensure smooth delivery of its products to the customer. Social media can also be included in this area. The role combines elements of marketing, sales and technology. It suits someone who pays attention to detail and enjoys combining creativity with analysis to maximize profit for the business.
Who Employs E-Commerce Managers?
As an e-commerce manager, you could potentially be employed by many different types of organizations, including:
- Online retailers
- Other types of websites (information websites, magazines, etc.) with an e-commerce element
- ‘Brick and mortar’ retailers with both offline and online storefronts
- Determining what web platform and content management system to use
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers
- Keep an eye on metrics such as traffic levels and conversion rates
- Reducing supply chain and logistical costs
- Implementing online security
- Supervising the work employees
- Coordinating sales and marketing efforts
- Developing affiliate marketing programs
- Maintaining company’s initial strategic plan
- Providing executive management with suggestions for improvement
- Oversee web maintenance and troubleshooting
E commerce management can have different following dimensions. We MIFT offer all the following skill related education in our 1 year comprehensive course for all following subjects with practical ( except 7).
- Model Management, Makeup, Hair styling, Product Photography, Photo Editing – When we search wedding dress on Amazon, we find lots of photos of models wearing wedding dresses with makeup, hairstyle and attractive location. Somebody is working on this somewhere. If one can study combined skill course of model management, makeup, styling, photography and photo editing.
- Pricing, Quality, Content, Specification, Return Policy, Creative writing etc. Someone has to work on all written content for each and every product. We MIFT offer this course of 1 year.
- Merchandising, Operation, Logistics and supply chain is very important. Who is supplier, where it has to reach in how many days, this is mathematics part.
- Vendor Selection, Quality Review, Customer Feedback, Blocking Supplier etc. Any company can sell on Amazon, someone has to check that product legality, quality, customer complaint and in case of bad product and complaint block these suppliers.
- User Interface, User Experience, Data Analysis, IT & CS engineer role in managing virtual store. Coding for Visual merchandising, payment gateway, package tracking sms, mobile app development etc are part of IT / CS engineer.
- Branding, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, Neuro marketing, Hyper personal marketing, physical / online survey, trend analysis, mathematical forecasting, event sponsoring, local brand ambassador selection, social media TV radio print advertisement design etc. are part of marketing team.
- Innovation, Patent, Merger, Strategy, Risk, Failure, Global Tax / Politics / Rules, Research and development etc usually done by specific individual done regular education in these fields such as Corporate Law, MBA in Risk Management and MS in Psychology.
MIFT ( Mysore Institute of Fashion Technology) students, trainee and scholars study and research about fashion, makeup, forecasting, e commerce, disruptive technologies in fashion & cosmetics industry. The primary research objective is to create open industry modular ecosystem platform for fashion designers and makeup artists to work and earn in hyper personal and local market using IR 4 and 5 ( industrial revolution) technologies to disrupt connected digitalization of mass production.