22 April Earth Day, You must imbibe sustainable fashion in life to make earth sustainable
Today you must ponder about what you purchase; you are killing earth unknowingly slowly through your purchases, and also analyzing yourself if you are ultra-consumerist. First we will discuss how can be support earth via our fashion purchases and then how our mother earth’s health and security is. Google is celebrating it with a Google Doodleof conservationist Dr. Jane Goodall, who nudges us in a video a “do our part for this beautiful planet.” 1970 Senator Gaylord Nelson (D-Wisc.) founded Earth Day with expectation to make the environment a global concern and attention.
- Use natural and naturally produced textile such as Jute, Khadi, Cotton, Bamboo etc. It is better for the health and land of the farmers, and also protects wildlife.
- Avoid ultra consumerism. Having as little as possible = less consumption. Can you remember the event when pompous and showy prince of Arab met with Japan’s Kind who is ultra – minimalist? Having gold dress does not make you great but your personality.
- Support regional manufactures and brands. Garment transport puts out a huge amount of C02 and buy reducing transportation and logistics we can help.
- God is DNA and DNA is God. Don’t imbalance nature by killing animals for fashionable fur coat. You must prevent animals from dying for your clothes.
- Do not buy from notorious brands who are not fair with workers, government and CSR. For you it might be difficult but if you read fashion news you can help. Ensuring fair wages supports education and directly improves worker’s quality of life.
- Fashion fades away but style is eternal. Buy more classic dresses such as ( In Indian context) Saree, Salwar Suit, Kurta Paijama and Denim Jeans etc.
- Second hand is not always second hand if you take from your father, brother, sister, mother, friends
Let’s check some recent happenings which are dangerous for health of our mother earth. We have observed some recent major concerns as follows.
1) The plastic problem is more dangerous than you think. Plastic in our food-chain via ocean plankton can destroy life on earth. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch or the island of plastic in Oceans is major cause. Can we avoid using plastic material dress, shoes and accessories?
2) World lost the last male Northern white Rhino
Every year we are losing so many species which existed on earth for thousands of years. It can be another yardstick of human’s blunders.
3) Greenland’s ice is melting very quickly and other glaciers too.
Global warning and climate change is daily talk but only talk; consumers must understand sustainable fashion now. This can sink Small Island in ocean and sea.
5) Human’s are woefully unprepared for mysterious and unobserved disasters. And we cannot predict future so we must maintain current situation at least that is promoting sustainability in each and every aspect of life from food, water, dress and family values. Japan & Nepal earth quack, recent Tsunami in Indian Ocean, Cyclones in USA, heavy rain in northern UK etc.
You must make a PLEDGE to Reduce Recycle and Reuse maximum possible things.
Earth Day 2018 is dedicated to providing the information and inspiration needed to fundamentally change human attitude and behaviour about plastics.
Challenge for You –
We will never understand the bad affect our shopping habits, which have on the world and the international community. We cannot change our shopping pattern in order to minimize our carbon footprints and negative impact.
Can you change your fashion purchase pattern and educate others too by sharing this article; may be this blog information can help.